WHERE TO BUYYou can purchase your Scout Uniforms from these locations:
- National Capital Scout Shop, 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Mason Dixon Council Scout Shop, 18600 Crestwood Dr, Hagerstown, MD 21742 (call ahead to check availability on hand)
- Leesburg Hobbies and Collectables, 9 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176 (located in the old downtown)
Wear the blue uniform:
1st grader = Tiger
2nd grader = Wolf
3rd grader = Bear
Wear the tan/olive Boy Scout uniform:
4th grader = Webelos
5th grader = Arrow of Light
- Shirt: The official uniform shirt in short sleeve and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket. It is recommend purchasing a short sleeve shirt and adding a long sleeve shirt underneath when it gets cold.
Cub Scouts Grades 1-3 wear the blue shirt. (helpful hint: buy a little large for growth)
Webelos and Arrows of Light wear the tan/olive shirt.
- Belt: The belt holds achievement belt loops earned by rank. The official belt is navy-blue and made of web with metal buckle that displays a Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem. We recommend buying the Cub Scout buckle.You can use another similar-sized belt.
- Cap: The official cap is navy-blue with an orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tigers; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Scouts.
- Neckerchief: Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tigers, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear.
- Neckerchief slide: The official slide is gold-tone metal with the Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. You can buy the official slide or make your own. Either way, we recommend tying a knot with the neckerchief ends under the slide so that it doesn't fall off. The official slides disappear really fast in the grass. To make your own slide, google "How to make a woggle with paracord" and you will have a cheaper alternate that doesn’t get lost as fast. The easiest we've found was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlbkSbbaSc&feature=share
- Pants: Boys may wear, jeans, blue or tan or olive cargo pants or similar shorts. Kids grow fast so official scout pants are not required.
- Shoulder loops: Blue shoulder loops are part of the Boy Scout uniform and are required for Webelos and Arrows of Light who choose to wear the tan/olive uniform.
REQUIRED PATCHES FOR ALL
- Red unit numbers: 476 (placed directly below the council patch)
- National Capital Area Council Patch (placed on left sleeve's upper should against the seam)
- World Crest- small blue patch with fleur-de-lis (placed approximately one inch above the left pocket)
You can use iron-on products to attach the patches however it makes it impossible to remove and share with other scouts afterwards. The glue is almost impossible to remove from the shirt. Further, glued patches can start to peel off over time.
At the bottom of this page is a pdf that describes the patches in detail.